Longtime MMA star Nate Diaz is no longer part of UFC.
Diaz is no longer on the UFC's roster of fighters, MMA Junkie and ESPN reported Tuesday.
The 37-year-old's contract was up in September when he defeated Tony Ferguson via submission at UFC 279.
UFC still had an exclusive negotiating window with Diaz after that, but reports said the UFC waived its rights to the window, letting Diaz become a free agent.
The parting of ways doesn't mean Diaz won't pursue a trilogy bout against Irish star Conor McGregor.
"Nate is going to be looking at the biggest fights possible," Diaz manager Zach Rosenfield told MMA Junkie. "He has stated that completing the trilogy with Conor McGregor is something that interests him, and that has not changed."
Diaz defeated McGregor via submission in 2016, but McGregor took the rematch five months later via decision.
Diaz had requested his release from UFC several times before the Ferguson fight.
Rosenfield said Diaz will compete "multiple times in 2023, and that will include boxing." Diaz has been linked to YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul; Diaz got into an altercation with members of Paul's team last month when Paul boxed Anderson Silva.
Diaz is 22-13 all-time with five knockouts.
--Field Level Media